The Application Architect 2 designs and develops IT applications architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Application Architect 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Application Architect 2 performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications. Develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings. Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent applications. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
Partner with Humana’s internal architecture and Pega team to develop an understanding of current implementations of application standards, map existing applications to data sources, and identify data issues.
· Define the current application architecture, and identify issues within it, including tracking technical debt.
· Refine and/or redesign application architecture to meet the organization’s changing business requirements.
· Ensure the design meets the business service level agreements (SLAs) for availability and performance.
· Refine and/or redesign application architecture to be more cost-effective, including the optimal selection of implementation technologies, practices, and skills for application delivery success.
· Iteratively document and improve architectural approaches, service design, and development processes and approaches.
· Assist in the creation of functional use-cases, participating in JAD sessions with business and IT stakeholders, developing supporting artifacts and constructing abstraction models.
· Map requirements of partner architecture, define technical solutions based on those requirements, and create and document a migration path for existing applications as they transition to a reference architecture implementation
· Create and maintain application architecture deliverables and artifacts.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
· 6+ years design, development, and testing of software applications
· Prior project architect and/or team lead experience
· Progressive experience as a senior or lead developer in large IT projects
· Knowledge of relational databases, modeling and schema design.
· Experience with integration with legacy systems, mainframes and external services through real-time as well as batch processing.
· Ability to move between high level architecture design and getting involved in all phases of hands on development.
· Ability to communicate effectively with team members, leaders and clients.
· Experience with Pegasystems PRPC v7 and frameworks, such as Pega Healthcare Management.
o Demonstrate standards and best practices for a Pega Center of Excellence.
o Proficient using UI controls, workflow development, declaratives, activities, reports, correspondence and decision rules
o Experience implementing Pega integration services using REST, SOAP and other XML-based technologies
o Ability to design and build technical solutions using Pegasystems SmartBPM methodology.
o Familiarity with All Integration modules in Pega.
o Application Design, Case Design, Data Modeling, Automating Business Rules, Business Policies User Experience, Reporting Integration Architecture, Administration Security.
· Web Services knowledge is required to communicate effectively with the services team; SOAP/WSDL/REST.
· Experience working relational databases and SQL.
· Familiarity with Agile methodology.
· Ability to identify risks and issues and propose solutions effectively.
· Should have experience integrating components such as web services, frameworks, etc.
· Ability to read and understand procedural language code and translate it into functional technical requirements.
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
· Pega CSSA Certified and along with demonstrated CLSA experience
· Demonstrated ability to present complex development solutions to executive as well as technical personnel.
· Prior experience in BPM and workflow solutions.
· Prior experience in the healthcare industry.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification. View the EEO is the Law poster.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact email@example.com for assistance.